Monday, February 15, 2021

February-Month of Celebrations





      On top of this month being Valentines and Turner syndrome Awareness month,  I have two Daughters, a Husband, a Mother, a Grandmother, a cousin, and a close friend who all have Birthdays this month! I have been a busy card-making bee! buzzz buzzz🐝





    I also had some" Thank You" cards to make since my Birthday is at the end of January. I have a lot to be Thankful for!!! I have so many special people in my life that need to know just how much I love and appreciate them!




                            




     I had really been wanting to get ahold of a Gel Press plate for creating backgrounds and fun mixed media projects. I purchased one a few weeks ago and haven't been able to pull it out and play with it. 







I picked this one up at Hobby Lobby and used my 40% off coupon. That made this buy even sweeter!!


This card I used a stencil with my gel plate background and stamped my giraffes on top and then heat embossed them. I used a shimmer heat embossing powder and its hard to get a great picture. It is my new favorite combo because the Nocturne Versafine ink with the shimmer powder on top gives it a beautiful rainbow oil slick effect. P.S. ( the ink is on SALE at Joannes right now!!)

This card I used a die set from Spellbinders- Triple Tier, a gel plate background I created and some decretive ribbon. I also covered the largest cut in Wink of Stella for some shimmer!


I used the same die set for this one as well and a stencil on the gel plate to receive this background effect. I used Wink of Stella on the second die for this one.

I love the way the background turned out on this one another stencil. I just love the blue and green acrylic paint combo. 





Gel plate and stenciled background for this one as well. I used a Stampin Up rubber mounted slice of cake stamp and heat embossed them with the shimmer powder and used to Versafine Nocturne ink. The candles are stickers and some gem bubbles for an added flare!!



Last but most definitely not least...... The Valentine I made for my Hubby!!


 

I used a template to cut out a heart shaped card used Tim Holtz Distress inks on both hearts. I spritzed them with water and dried them with my heat tool. I got to use my new Lavinia Stamps -Fairy Foragers  and the matching Fairy Cuts-Fairy Friends. If you don't have any of the matching Fairy Cuts to go with your Lavinia Stamps, please check out FairyStamper.com. The Cuts are Limited and once gone you won't be able to get them!!

I also added some mermaid Glitter behind my layered heart that I set up on deminsionals. My fairies are also in flight with demonsionals behind them.







Thanks for stopping by and letting me share with you!!!



1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

These are all incredible cards, Shandy! I love the happy colors, and the diversity you achieved. Will definitely want to borrow your giraffe image some time! SO SWEET! Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Holiday Time

 Happy December All!! I am excited to share the card I designed for this months Challenge over at Paper FunDay. First Id like to thank our ...