Thursday, April 15, 2021

Here's to ships!

Happy Thursday! I want to share with you a card I finished for a swap I am a part of.........It was so much fun to make!
 I started out with a digital background from ArtsyStamper, you can follow her blog here. I also had fun with a new rubber block mounted stamp I received recently. The image was small so I stamped it, scanned it, resized it, and removed the background so I could place it over the marbled image. Once saved, I printed it out and used alcohol markers to color the image. 

I got to use my newest die from Spellbinders as well.


I used a paper doll mermaid die and stamp set from Jan Davenport . The coral is from The FairyStamper.
the sentiment is from ArtsyStampers Mermaid Wishes set.

I used my Tim Holtz distress inks on the base cardstock with a spritz of water to really feel sunken and magical!
I thought this Maritime Blessing went perfectly with the card!!!





Finished Card put a smile on my face and hope for the receiver as well!



    


Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time be safe and be kind!








4 comments:

Diane said...

What a fabulous mermaid card this is, I am sure it will be well received! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

WOW what an AWESOME scene you have created! WELL DONE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Rainbows, Unicorns or Mermaid’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shandy! Your mixed media creation is amazing! I say mixed media because it has so many different textures and mediums, plus the digital aspects - it's fabulous! Thanks for showing each step of the way. Upon seeing the first photo, I thought, "ooooh, how beautiful!" thinking it was the finished card! Then I saw the assembly of elements in the prefinished project. Those distressed inks on the background are incredible! I thought that was a beautiful card, too. And then to see the final masterpiece... sigh... pure gorgeousness! FABULOUS! huggers, de

Anne Buckingham said...

You are talented in card creation. You take a simple stamped image and turn it into a masterpiece. Anyone would be pleased to receive this card. Love that it has such a strong story of the ship wreck with octopus and the mermaid watching over things. Color choices are fabulous. You are amazing.

Holiday Time

 Happy December All!! I am excited to share the card I designed for this months Challenge over at Paper FunDay. First Id like to thank our ...