Wednesday, May 5, 2021

A Mermaids Helping Hands

 I can't believe May is already here!! The card I have to share with you today was designed once again using the Mermaid Wishes Set from The Artsy Stamper collection. This is my design for the The Paper FunDay Challenges Blog MayChallenge#29 Anything Goes with optional twist-Floral/Flowers







There are so many layers to this this card and I had so much fun putting it together. You can almost see the story I had in my mind as I was piecing it together and laying it all out. Along with the Mermaid Wishes sentiment, the mermaid and the marble background I used for the ocean itself. I scanned in an image I created with my Gelli Plate.



I also used my new die from  Fairy Stamper Tutti Designs Dies, FishingNet. The rock was an image I found on the web and placed in my marbled background to create a resting place place for my finned rescuer. I also stamped, scanned, resized, printed, fussy cut and then used alcohol markers to color the netted ocean creatures that needed saving from the net.




 The base and the inside of the card I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Pads, and spritzed water on.






I also used a stencil to create the bubbles with a touch of Wink of Stella for the added magical feel. The die cut that framed my image is also a new addition, Die from Spellbinders. The edges to complete the frame were from Sizzix Doily and Doily Border 2 pack. I really enjoyed creating this card, I hope you enjoy it as well.

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How incredibly GORGEOUS, Shandy! I love every tiny detail, right down to the dies, the shading in the nautilus, the pearls at the top and bottom, the detailing in the fish net, your beautifully colored background (making your own digitals these days!). It's all beyond magical! I especially love the sparkly panel with the sentiment! hugs, de

Anne Buckingham said...

The layers you have put together are amazing. You have an ability to put together the best images and blend them into a lovely picture that tells a story. You are talented. Love your design of front and inside card.

Holiday Time

 Happy December All!! I am excited to share the card I designed for this months Challenge over at Paper FunDay. First Id like to thank our ...