Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Spring is Here





Happy Spring Everyone,

             I am so excited to share about my new adventure as a design team member over at Paper Funday Challenges. The April 2021Challenge#28- Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Spring Theme, starts on April 7th.

The card I created used an adorable Digital Stamp from Paper Nest Dolls. The image I used was Sewing Avery. This sweet little quilter reminds me of a good friend I have Clara Jo, she loves all things quilting!!



I colored the image with alcohol markers, then scaned the completed image and sized her a tad larger so she would really be the focal point of the card. I gave her a quilted back ground using DSP and hand drawn zigzag stitch around my quilted paper. I then used the Stampin up Layering squares to die cut the quilt background. 


I had to add a little Wink of Stella to the details on the sewing machine and I gave my image a pair of earrings.For even more interest I add two buttons with a sewing theme( needle, thimble) I also used Wink of Stella on my sentiment to make it sparkle!!!





Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see your entry in Aprils Challenge!!



1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Well, Miss Mermaid, how completely ADORABLE! She looks exactly like CJ, and just as kind as CJ! Your coloring is beautiful, and I really love all the embellies you have used. The stitching looks fantastic! A perfect way to frame your quilted background and make the colors stand out. My favorite part is how the quilt your seamstress is sewing is a four panel item, just like your background! FABULOUS!

CONGRATULATIONS on your DT gig! They are lucky to have you.
huggers,
de

Holiday Time

 Happy December All!! I am excited to share the card I designed for this months Challenge over at Paper FunDay. First Id like to thank our ...