Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Fish Kisses

 Belated Happy New Year Friends! 

I really missed sharing my cards with you this past month!

I am excited to share a card I have been working on for this months Paper Funday challenge.

A HUGE 'Thank YOU' to our awesome sponsors for February All Dressed Up and Polkadoodles!

Please stop over and check out their shops and beautiful artwork!


This months challenge #38 is of course ANYthing goes with the optional twist/ Hugs and Kisses

The image I chose to work with is called Mermaid Kisses from All Dressed Up.



For the base I used alcohol inks on Yupo paper to created a colorful underwater background. I printed my mer-girl on yardstick and colored her with alcohol markers and then fussy cut her out with detail scissors.
 



I also used Stampin Ups Sea Dies for the frame and kissing fishes. I used the sentiment from the coordinating stamp set Seas The Day.






I printed a second Mermaid on frosted velum. I glued the colored card stock mer-girl on the background and layered the velum copy on top and sandwiched those under the frame to create my card front.
I used some die cut aquatic plants to layer on top for added interest. and of course to finish this card I added Wink of Stella on her tail, fishes fins and bubbles!




Thanks for stopping by to look at my creation, I hope to see yours over at Paper FunDay Challenge!!








3 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Wow, there is so much detail in this card and you're so clever with all the technqiues...not to mention an expert fussy cutter! Thanks so much for this lovely team project for The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna

Anne Buckingham said...

Your card and the overall design is beautiful. Love the choices you made regarding color, and how the layers complement the overall design. Your use of vellum is inspired. You are an artist.

Donna Ellis said...

What an utterly SWEET mermaid! (Kinda like someone I know, giggle). Love the detailing in each scale of her tail, and the pretty highlights in the sea foliage, Shandy. Great use of vellum. I would not have thought of using it to create that watery feel. Absolutely envious of your fussy cutting skills! It's a beautiful card, and I know you would enjoy being deep under the ocean, peacefully floating just as this little mermaid is! hugs, de

Holiday Time

 Happy December All!! I am excited to share the card I designed for this months Challenge over at Paper FunDay. First Id like to thank our ...