Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Trick or Treat

 I have missed sharing my cards with you these past few months. I am excited to share the card I have been working on for The Paper Funday Challenge. As always, October's challenge is anything goes with an optional twist/ "It's All About The Candy"!!

I like to give a huge 'Thank You" to this months sponsors Jan's Digi Stamps and Colour of Love.

The image I have selected to use is Witchy Possum and Batty Bats's Candy Corn Treats from Colour of Love.





I enjoyed coloring these cuties with my Prisma colored pencils and blending with Gamsol.

After coloring, I scanned the image in and enlarged it to be my focal image on the front of the card. I wanted the image to really stand out so I used my trusty detail scissors to carefully cut out the main image and the small candy corns as well.

The background was made using my Distress Oxide inks and some pearl spritz. I used my white gelly roll pen to add a few stars as well.




 I think they turned out super cute and I absolutely love Candy Corn!!!
 Just for added dimension, I  layered the background on a silver cardstock and then onto a black card base.




 I finished the card with a fitting sentiment I stamped onto purple card stock.

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my newest card creation! I truly hope to see your entries over at Paper Funday Challenge!









2 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Adorable image and card design Shandy! Thanks for another great team project for The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx

Donna Ellis said...

This could not possibly be cuter or more brightly colored, Shandy! Loving the sweet little bat with the big blue eyes LOL hugs, de

Holiday Time

 Happy December All!! I am excited to share the card I designed for this months Challenge over at Paper FunDay. First Id like to thank our ...